VFO STATEMENT: VFO congratulates Premier Ford and the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario on their election victory
Veal Farmers of Ontario (VFO) is pleased to congratulate Premier Ford and the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario on their election victory as well as all newly elected and re-elected Members of Provincial Parliament.
“We are looking forward to working with our government colleagues to continue building upon the Risk Management Program that will support primary agricultural production and our farmers in their efforts to continue to build a robust domestic food supply chain for all Ontarians,” says Pascal Bouilly, VFO Chair.
VFO looks forward to working collaboratively with the new provincial government to ensure the following priorities remain at the forefront of the government’s agenda:
- Increase the cap on the Ontario Risk Management Program by $100 million
- Grow Ontario’s share of the grocery aisle, through increased domestic marketing funding
- Provide additional support to help farmers adapt new technologies to improve environmental practices and preserve farmland through adopting new provincial land use policies that will recognize the value of agricultural lands to all Ontarians
- Recognize the role Ontario farmers play in carbon sequestration and ensure that farms receive sufficient support in any carbon pricing program
- Support for mental health services for farmers and Ontarians living in rural communities
- Increase investment in programs that support meat processing capacity at provincial facilities and collaborate with industry to recruit and train workers across the meat value chain
Across Ontario, veal farmers generate $475 million in economic activity, creating employment opportunities and strengthening rural communities.
Find the full statement here.
Find VFO’s priority issues for the veal sector here.
Joint statement from Ontario’s farm leaders
May 31, 2023
The leadership of Ontario’s agricultural organizations named below are pleased to find common ground with the Ontario government in respect to protecting farmland under the proposed Provincial Planning Statement, with thanks to Premier Doug Ford, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Lisa Thompson and Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing Steve Clark, for their […]Read News
VFO STATEMENT: Joint Statement from Ontario’s Farm Leaders on Bill 97 and Proposed Provincial Planning Statement
May 19, 2023
Agricultural land is an important resource that must be protected and maintained so that we can continue to grow and raise food that feeds Ontario and the world. Prime agricultural land is being developed at a staggering pace and this pressure of decreased availability makes it even harder for young farmers to be able to […]Read News
Veal Farmers of Ontario announces new leadership for 2023
Mar 10, 2023
Veal Farmers of Ontario (VFO) is pleased to announce the election of Middlesex County veal producer Phil Kroesbergen as Chair and Dylan Yantzi as Vice Chair, at a recent meeting of the Board of Directors. Kroesbergen, who joined the Board in 2017, farms full-time with his father and brother near Strathroy. Their family operation, Creekside […]Read News
Annual VFO Board of Director’s Award winner announced
Mar 10, 2023
Veal Farmers of Ontario (VFO) was pleased to announce this year’s VFO Board of Director’s Award winner at its recent Annual General Meeting and Producer Education Day held Wednesday, March 8, 2023, in Elora, Ontario. The VFO Board of Director’s Award recognizes the contributions that many make to help the VFO Board achieve our mandate […]Read News