Veal Farmers of Ontario (VFO) is pleased to congratulate Premier Ford and the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario on their election victory as well as all newly elected and re-elected Members of Provincial Parliament.
“We are looking forward to working with our government colleagues to continue building upon the Risk Management Program that will support primary agricultural production and our farmers in their efforts to continue to build a robust domestic food supply chain for all Ontarians,” says Pascal Bouilly, VFO Chair.
VFO looks forward to working collaboratively with the new provincial government to ensure the following priorities remain at the forefront of the government’s agenda:
- Increase the cap on the Ontario Risk Management Program by $100 million
- Grow Ontario’s share of the grocery aisle, through increased domestic marketing funding
- Provide additional support to help farmers adapt new technologies to improve environmental practices and preserve farmland through adopting new provincial land use policies that will recognize the value of agricultural lands to all Ontarians
- Recognize the role Ontario farmers play in carbon sequestration and ensure that farms receive sufficient support in any carbon pricing program
- Support for mental health services for farmers and Ontarians living in rural communities
- Increase investment in programs that support meat processing capacity at provincial facilities and collaborate with industry to recruit and train workers across the meat value chain
Across Ontario, veal farmers generate $475 million in economic activity, creating employment opportunities and strengthening rural communities.
Find the full statement here.
Find VFO’s priority issues for the veal sector here.
VFO STATEMENT: VFO applauds Health Canada’s decision to remove Front-of-Package labelling on ground meat
Jun 30, 2022
Veal Farmers of Ontario (VFO) supports Health Canada’s decision to exempt ground veal, and all ground meats, from the “high in” saturated fat Front-of-Package (FOP) labelling requirements. The new FOP labelling requirements which exempt ground meat will be published in the Canada Gazette Part II on July 6, 2022. This decision aligns ground meat with […]Read News
Mettawas Station Italian Mediterranean Grill named winner of Ontario’s Best Veal Sandwich 2022 by Veal Farmers of Ontario
Jun 20, 2022
Social media was ablaze for weeks with people’s picks for their favourite veal sandwich and now, after some intensive veal sandwich eating and a tournament that narrowed down eight restaurants to the top two, Veal Farmers of Ontario (VFO) is excited to announce that on Saturday, June 18, a new winner was crowned. After an […]Read News
VFO STATEMENT: Take action and join the dontlabelmybeef.ca campaign opposing warning labels on ground meat
Jun 14, 2022
CVA joins others requesting an exemption for ground veal, beef As part of their Healthy Eating Strategy, Health Canada is proposing an unwarranted ‘high saturated fat’ label for ground veal, beef, pork, and lamb sold in retail. Front-of-Package (FOP) warning labels for single-ingredient foods contradict the principles of healthy eating and only serve to confuse […]Read News
VFO STATEMENT: VFO congratulates Premier Ford and the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario on their election victory
Jun 09, 2022
Veal Farmers of Ontario (VFO) is pleased to congratulate Premier Ford and the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario on their election victory as well as all newly elected and re-elected Members of Provincial Parliament. “We are looking forward to working with our government colleagues to continue building upon the Risk Management Program that will support […]Read News